Sunday, February 25, 2007

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals at Artscape '06

This was a very special event for me. My mother, who is very hip and once booked Elton John and Loggings and Messina to play at University of Dayton in the early 70's, had about heard enough of my rock 'n roll adventures. So I had told her about hottie Grace Potter and the Nocturnals post All Good Festival. I assured her that this was a band she would enjoy and unlike my other favorites they were all rock 'n roll with a tinge of jam. On this exceptionally hot day in July, my mother and I went downtown and sat on the grass, drank microbrews and listened. Mom fell in love with Grace and the Nocts' music, afterwards we spoke to Grace, I bought Mom her CD "Nothing But The Water" and had Grace sign it. My mother listened to it often, eventually picking the tune "Joey" as her favorite. This story will become more substantial in September.

No comments: