Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thursday in the Square - Tea Leaf Green, Buffalo, NY 8/17/06

My first return to Buffalo, NY since I had graduated from St. Bonaventure University in May. Normally, I wouldn't have made this trip but it was a special occasion. Sauce, who wasn't on tour during the summer, was flying to the East Coast for his friends', Mike and Ang's, wedding. We made plans to meet up in Buffalo, six months after we had met. I was excited. Tea Leaf Green was playing a free show for Thursdays in the Square which is a live concert series that the City of Buffalo puts forth to promote city entertainment. It was a great reunion of all kids. I met up with my pal Parker and Gak from SBU and got all set up for the show, we were enjoying our beers when Sauce came walking through with Mike, Ang, Tatiana and Fat Ass. We danced and had a great time as the boys opened for Donna the Buffalo. After their show my pal Jenny showed up just as we were piling onto "the Digger" and all got reacquainted. Sauce had surprised his lifelong pals, who were totally thrilled to see him. We went back to the hotel and partied, Josh and Ben were kind and let Sauce and I stay in their room, and so the romance began.

No comments: