Sunday, February 25, 2007

Rock, Reggae, Roots Festival - Philadelphia, PA 8/25/06

Five days after I left Sauce and the crew they had made their way south to Philadelphia. Mike and Ang were married, Sauce was a drunken mess, and the reception had barely ended for this bustling group of celebrators! Tea Leaf Green was categorized as the "rock" portion of the reggae festival that the Marley family promotes in major cities all over the United States. The purpose of the festival is to bring realization and knowledge to all sorts of communities of music, primarily reggae. This one day festival also highlights different genres that have an affect on reggae in different ways. My two hour commute to this festival stressful, I thought I wouldn't arrive in time. I made it 15 minutes before Tea Leaf Green took the stage, ironically, Sauce wasn't there yet. Unaware that I was his plus one on the guest list, I talked my way into the festival, swearing that I wasn't the kind of girl to cheat them out of money. I waited inside the festival for Sauce to arrive to large pier parking lot in Penn's Landing. The waterfront view was breath taking. Soon I heard a roar that could have only meant one thing, Sauce had arrived, in fine form, donning a wonderful yellow sweatband that would just make any girl melt. We grooved to the 45 minute set from Tea Leaf Green, a horrible tease for any dedicated fan. Afterwards, we enjoyed the rest of the eclectic festival. There were many different walks of life there, which made this festival by far one of the most enjoyable. We left the festival a little before close and grabbed cheese steaks on South Street (not too far from where the boys would play on New Years Eve). We piled back in my little Aveo and drove to a little after hours hot spot. Soon enough people were tired, dropping like flies, so Sauce and I drove to a friend's pad to crash. During the ride we experienced a horrendous hail storm at two in the morning. Terrified, we drove through, made it home safely and spent the night. The next morning we met up with the rest of the crew. Here we said our goodbyes. It will be over a month until I see Sauce again.

No comments: